Summer Lectures will be held from July 6 th to August 25th in the country’s provincial capitals.
During a press conference held at the Dulce Maria Loynaz Cultural Center on Tuesday in Havana, organizers announced that the activities will be held on 23rd street from 12th to Malecon Seaside Drive.
Vice President of the Cuban Book Institute, Edel Morales said that the literary summer fiesta will have the presence of over 35 publishing houses, among them Gente Nueva, Abril, Verde Olivo, Acana, Holguin and Cientifico-tecnico.
He highlighted exchanges between the authors and the public who will be able to enjoy poetry and narrative spaces in the Fresa and Chocolate Cultural Center by Argentinean poet Basilia Papastamatiu.
The program also includes an art festival that includes the showing of audiovisuals related with literature in many of the main theaters in Havana.
Among many books that will be on sale is the re-edition of the children’s book Habia una Vez (Once Upon a Time) by Herminio Almendros, said the First Vice President of the Book Institute Juan Carlos Santana.
Summer Lectures will pay homage to writers Carilda Oliver, Nicolas Guillen and Samuel Feijoo and will include book presentations of these renowned Cuban authors.
To close the Summer Lectures, a concert will be held on August 25 th at the Jose Marti Anti-imperialist Tribune with Azucar Negra and Manolito Simonet y su Trabuco musical groups.
On the front page
- Mexico Registers Cuban Medication to Treat Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Six Cubans are hired to play in the Canadian Professional Baseball
- Granma improves implementation of project to handle drought
- Council of Ministers meeting this Wednesday
- The Flowers Fair will shortly take place in Bayamo
- Fidel opened four programs of the Revolution in Granma
- Computerizing society, a joint effort to promote development
- The Plaza of the Cuban National Anthem
- Cuba Prioritizes the Use of Technology in Education
- Festival of Cuban Popular Music Sindo Garay opens in Bayamo
- The US blockade affects the marble production in Cuba
- The peoples are present in Lima