Workers from the educational branch in Granma are incorporated today to the cleaning of schools, in order to get ready to restart the school year this Tuesday, September 12.
According to Caridad León, the assistance director of the Provincial Education, on this day, classrooms, school materials must be prepared, as well as return the audiovisual and computer media to its place.
She added that the green areas around each schools should be pruned, as well as the collection of garbage and rubbles, left by Irma’s influence over Granma territory.
Likewise, specially should be cleaned the centers that received people, moved there from vulnerable zones, to protect them from the impact of the storm.
Therefore, she added that all the measures indicated in each school must be taken to avoid the spread of transmissible diseases, from the arrival of the students to the centers.
The deputy director of Provincial Education said that in those centers where still protected people remain, workers of the sector prepare the premises not occupied, to resume classes once they return to their homes.
Likewise, she announced that during today thousands of scholarship holder students will move to their schools, based on a transportation program to be announced by the mass media.
After being suspended when the cyclonic alert phase was declared, the school year will be restarted tomorrow in Granma, with the premise of maintaining and raising educational indicators that place the province among the most outstanding in the country.
On the front page
- First remain of victims of the plane crash arrived to Granma
- One of three survivors of Havana air disaster passes away
- Cuba united in grief
- 2018 Meteoro Popular Exercise concluded successfully in Granma
- Cuba´s First VP Valdés Mesa highlights efforts to clarify the plane crash
- The Plaza of the Cuban National Anthem
- Computerizing society, a joint effort to promote development
- Fidel opened four programs of the Revolution in Granma
- Cuba Prioritizes the Use of Technology in Education
- Results from New Expedition of Archeological Site
- The Flowers Fair will shortly take place in Bayamo
- May Day: Massive parade shows support for the Revolution in Granma