As part the celebration held on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the radio in Bayamo and the 95th of the Cuban Radio, some workers were awarded this Tuesday.
The Plaza de la Patria of Bayamo hosted the ceremony in which the 40th anniversary distinction of the union of culture was granted to the journalist Manuel Lauredo Román for his contribution to the working and good development of union work in Granma territory with significant contributions.
During the ceremony, Luis Orlando del Toro Gómez was awarded with the New Generation Recognition, instituted in 2017 by Cuban Radio, which is granted to workers of all specialties under 45 who have shared, inherited and applied the experiences of previous generations and are followers of its work.
Also, on this occasion, the Memorial Seal for the 95 years of the Cuban Radio was conferred to Dr. Jesús Segundo Rodríguez Román, who is serving Internationalist Mission in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam now.
Rodríguez Román maintains a sustained work as Program Director and screenwriter for more than 20 years in the provincial radio station with awards in Municipal, Provincial and National Festivals, as well as other significant contributions.
Also, the Microphone of the Cuban Radio, award granted to colleagues with a long history and relevant results in the medium, with more than 25 years was conferred to Rafael Lapinell Rivero, founder of the clandestine cell of the July 26th, Movement in the CMKX Broadcaster and also was sounds operator, announcer and currently works as Sports Commentator.
In the awarding ceremony for the 80th anniversary of the radio in Bayamo also was granted the Artist of Merit Distinction to the program director Leticia Alegre Salgado, for her prestige, prizes and outstanding path in the radio world.
The ceremony was presided over by Isidro Betancourt Silva, Head of Information of the Cuban Radio, Federico Hernández Hernández, Member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC) and First Secretary in Granma and Manuel Santiago Sobrino Martínez, President of the Provincial Assembly of People’s Power.
On the front page
- Cuban Civil Society Holds Forum Called Thinking America
- U.S. and Cuban companies reach agreement on Heberprot-p
- Granma adopted measures to prevent forest fires
- Granma to celebrate 16 years of the television rooms program
- An electoral system backed by the people
- Authorities Assess New Tourist Routes in Granma
- Cuba Performs Dynamic Test prior to General Election
- Cuban teams to play against Mexican pro clubs
- Granma´s professionals received tribute on Cuban Press Day
- Bayamo paid tribute to Carlos Manuel de Céspedes on 144 anniversary of his death
- The dark result of passion
- Roel Santos: I never give up or tire