With attractive proposals, several theater groups of Granma celebrate from today until next Sunday January 22 the Cuban Theater Day, festival aimed especially to the children.
Gleidys Rivas, Communication Specialist at the Provincial Council of the Performing Arts in Granma, told the press that the event also includes conferences, meetings among participants and other activities, aimed to promoting the best of this artistic expression in the territory.
Rivas said that among the groups that will perform are Alas D’Cuba, which will be presenting during the three days its work “Un mundo mejor”; meanwhile, the Tiempo group will present their well-known work “La Noche”.
Also, the prestigious street theater group Andante will add to the festivity, with the presentation of the proposal “El major amigo del hombre”, scheduled for tonight at the 10 de Octubre theater in Bayamo.
The Guiñol Pequeño Príncipe, another of the guests to the day, will bring to the scene the works “Mayito el de la mula”, and “El Tín Marín de los payasos”, besides to perform along with the Proyecto Libre and the Tiempo group, the show “El Elefante”.
The presentations will be as main venues the Bayamo Theater, the 10 de Octubre cinema, the Miguel Benavides hall, and the Manzanillo theater.
As part of the program of activities the public would enjoy of a parade where the Ategua, Circo and Folkloric Okkán Addé groups will participate.
The Cuban Theater Day is celebrated on January 22, in homage to the events happened at the Villanueva theater in 1869, when actors and audience were massacred after showing their support to the cause of Cuban independence.
On the front page
- One of three survivors of Havana air disaster passes away
- Cuba united in grief
- 2018 Meteoro Popular Exercise concluded successfully in Granma
- Cuba´s First VP Valdés Mesa highlights efforts to clarify the plane crash
- Cuban President offers condolences to families of victims
- Computerizing society, a joint effort to promote development
- The Plaza of the Cuban National Anthem
- Fidel opened four programs of the Revolution in Granma
- Cuba Prioritizes the Use of Technology in Education
- Results from New Expedition of Archeological Site
- The Flowers Fair will shortly take place in Bayamo
- May Day: Massive parade shows support for the Revolution in Granma