The derivate plant of the Archimedes Colina sugar mill, in Mabay, will host the provincial celebration for the Sugar Workers Day next Friday.
This factory belonging to the Sugar Company of Granma and especially its distillery, overachieved its productions especially the wide range of alcohols.
This factory of Bayamo produces export alcohol, and for renowned liquor stores, including its own, one for medical purposes, another for the warming up of kerosene domestic stoves. In summary, there 7 different types of alcohol are processed.
There in the derivative plant of Mabay joined to the Arquimides Colina sugar mill will takes place this Friday the central act of the province with recognition to the best workers and institutions of the first called creole industry.
On October 13, 1960, 57 years ago, Fidel informs the population of the nationalization of 195 sugar mills throughout the country, and with this fact, the Cuban people became the owner of this factories, before in the hands of the Creole sugar aristocracy and foreign interests, mainly from North America.
On the front page
- Cuban Civil Society Holds Forum Called Thinking America
- U.S. and Cuban companies reach agreement on Heberprot-p
- Granma adopted measures to prevent forest fires
- Granma to celebrate 16 years of the television rooms program
- An electoral system backed by the people
- Authorities Assess New Tourist Routes in Granma
- Cuba Performs Dynamic Test prior to General Election
- Cuban teams to play against Mexican pro clubs
- Granma´s professionals received tribute on Cuban Press Day
- Bayamo paid tribute to Carlos Manuel de Céspedes on 144 anniversary of his death
- The dark result of passion
- Roel Santos: I never give up or tire