The derivate plant of the Archimedes Colina sugar mill, in Mabay, will host the provincial celebration for the Sugar Workers Day next Friday.
This factory belonging to the Sugar Company of Granma and especially its distillery, overachieved its productions especially the wide range of alcohols.
This factory of Bayamo produces export alcohol, and for renowned liquor stores, including its own, one for medical purposes, another for the warming up of kerosene domestic stoves. In summary, there 7 different types of alcohol are processed.
There in the derivative plant of Mabay joined to the Arquimides Colina sugar mill will takes place this Friday the central act of the province with recognition to the best workers and institutions of the first called creole industry.
On October 13, 1960, 57 years ago, Fidel informs the population of the nationalization of 195 sugar mills throughout the country, and with this fact, the Cuban people became the owner of this factories, before in the hands of the Creole sugar aristocracy and foreign interests, mainly from North America.
On the front page
- National Assembly deputies begin study of draft proposal
- More than 400 health professionals graduated in Granma
- Granma celebrated the Children´s Day
- Sao Paulo Forum Debates Latin American Integration
- Puerto Rican Musician Gilberto Santa Rosa Arrives In Cuba
- The Plaza of the Cuban National Anthem
- Computerizing society, a joint effort to promote development
- Fidel opened four programs of the Revolution in Granma
- Cuba Prioritizes the Use of Technology in Education
- Results from New Expedition of Archeological Site
- The Flowers Fair will shortly take place in Bayamo
- May Day: Massive parade shows support for the Revolution in Granma