Because Fidel is more alive than ever in the feeling and chores of new generations, young of Granma inspired by his legacy carry out today (International Youth Day) several commemorative activities on the eve of this August 13, the 91st anniversary of the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution´s birth, who also was an eternal young.
A camp- out of youth will take place at the Monument of the Cuba´s National Hero, José Martí, in Dos Rios this Saturday night, while another 91 youths will await the dawn of August 13th in Cinco Palmas, a remote spot of the Granma mountain range and historic site that marks the reunion of Fidel and Raúl days after the landing on Las Coloradas beach, in Niquero, on December 2nd, 1956.
Likewise, according to a report from the Cuban News Agency (ACN), activities to pay tribute to the Commander-in-Chief will take place in parks and pioneer explorer centers by children, while simultaneous Chess matches will be carry out in all the municipalities on Sunday, as well as volunteer work, blood donations and acts of entry to the Cuban Women Federation (FMC) and the Committee for the Defense of the Revolution (CDR) will be host.
Also, among the activity of tribute in Granma, 91 young people will tour to the National Monument General Command of the Rebel Army, in La Plata; about thirty new artists belonging to the Hermanos Saiz Association (AHS) will climb to the Turquino Peak; and outstanding young people and members of the Young Communists League (UJC) will visit the Fidel´s home, in Birán, in Holguín province.
For its part, the hundred young people from Holguin that are taking part in the summer camp in this eastern province will visit the Desembarco del Granma Monument, in Niquero, significant site of the Commander-in-Chief´s revolutionary trajectory.
These tribute activities are part of the International Youth Day and of the “Fidel por siempre” day, which is taking place from August 11 to 13 in the province.
On the front page
- National Assembly deputies begin study of draft proposal
- More than 400 health professionals graduated in Granma
- Granma celebrated the Children´s Day
- Sao Paulo Forum Debates Latin American Integration
- Puerto Rican Musician Gilberto Santa Rosa Arrives In Cuba
- The Plaza of the Cuban National Anthem
- Computerizing society, a joint effort to promote development
- Fidel opened four programs of the Revolution in Granma
- Cuba Prioritizes the Use of Technology in Education
- Results from New Expedition of Archeological Site
- The Flowers Fair will shortly take place in Bayamo
- May Day: Massive parade shows support for the Revolution in Granma