Since last week, countries such as Bolivia, Nicaragua, Argentina, Venezuela, Angola, Colombia, the United States have developed, just as Cuba, actions in tribute to the 91th anniversary of the birth of Fidel Castro, to immortalize his political legacy and revolutionary work.
In these activities in the aforementioned countries the humanist thought of Fidel Castro was highlighted, just as his ideas on the sovereignty of the peoples of the planet and his clarity at the time to talk about topics of international relevance.
Fidel Castro Ruz was born on August 13, 1926, in the current Cuban province of Holguin, east of the island of Cuba, and as a very young man, he dedicated his efforts to the revolutionary struggle for the emancipation of Cuba.
He led transcendental moments, such as the assault to the Moncada and Carlos Manuel de Cespedes Garrisons, on July 26, 1953, and the later armed struggle armed in the Sierra Maestra Mountains, that concluded with the revolutionary victory in January 1959.
After the Cuban Revolution got the power, Fidel Castro led the consolidation process and progress towards a socialist model, and promoted the principles of internationalism and solidarity.
His life and political and social work turn Fidel Castro into a world paradigm for dignity and emancipation, and as his own brother and now President Raul Castro stated, an ‘example of revoluionary intransigence, and of permanent faith in victory.’
Fidel Castro died in Havana, on November 25, 2016, at the age of 90.
On the front page
- National Assembly deputies begin study of draft proposal
- More than 400 health professionals graduated in Granma
- Granma celebrated the Children´s Day
- Sao Paulo Forum Debates Latin American Integration
- Puerto Rican Musician Gilberto Santa Rosa Arrives In Cuba
- The Plaza of the Cuban National Anthem
- Computerizing society, a joint effort to promote development
- Fidel opened four programs of the Revolution in Granma
- Cuba Prioritizes the Use of Technology in Education
- Results from New Expedition of Archeological Site
- The Flowers Fair will shortly take place in Bayamo
- May Day: Massive parade shows support for the Revolution in Granma