In brigades, works execution, factories and companies, there are the workers of the construction sector that block by block build buildings that benefit us all.
These workers not only execute industrial works. We see them on all fronts in the railways, in the roads, in the construction of dams, and in many tasks that respond to our social needs.
It is deserved today to recognize their work because they build hospitals, schools and day care centers, pioneer camps and many other works.
Constructor´s Day is celebrate on December 5 in Cuba at the proposal of the commander in chief Fidel Castro Ruz, as a tribute to Armando Mestre Martinez, who was one of the assailant to the Moncada barracks and expeditionary of the Granma yacht.
Armando Mestre was murdered by Batista’s henchmen after the combat of Alegría de Pío and he carried out a lot for the workers of that sector.
The Cuban builders are called to preserve the essence of the job and also they have the mission of restore the urban and rural architectural face of the nation for the future.
On the front page
- Granma creates conditions to receive new rail cars
- Sculpture of Carilda Oliver will enrich the Wax Museum of Bayamo
- Drugs Were Introduced into Cuban Container in Panama
- Granma Dairy Product Company to increase its productions
- The Provincial Assembly of People´s Power to be held on May 25 in Granma
- Che Guevara is Remembered for His Impeccable Example
- West beat East in Cuban All-Star Baseball Game
- Cuban Despaigne´s bat gets scorching hot in Japanese baseball
- Cuban Poetess Carilda Oliver passed away
- Cuban baseball team prepares to face USA
- Díaz-Canel receives warm welcome of the Granma´s people
- Survivor of Plane Crash in Cuba Sends a Message of Gratitude