The Municipal Workshop of Rehabilitation of Blind and Hearing impaired people takes place in the city of Bayamo.
According to Isabel Luisa González Hernández, president of the National Association for the Blind in this territory, the lectures aim to improve significantly the communication among these people and their families.
It is expected that blind and hearing impaired people to learn through these workshops to carry out activities of everyday life, which reaffirm they could fending for themselves.
González Hernández said that also include actions for deaf blind people who suffer from disabilities that maintain them bedridden.
The municipality of Bayamo has seven rehabilitation technicians for people with deaf-blindness impaired, working in the popular councils of Jesús Menéndez, El Valle, Latinoamericano, Barranca, the Historical Center of the city and Rosa la Bayamesa.
On the front page
- National Assembly deputies begin study of draft proposal
- More than 400 health professionals graduated in Granma
- Granma celebrated the Children´s Day
- Sao Paulo Forum Debates Latin American Integration
- Puerto Rican Musician Gilberto Santa Rosa Arrives In Cuba
- The Plaza of the Cuban National Anthem
- Computerizing society, a joint effort to promote development
- Fidel opened four programs of the Revolution in Granma
- Cuba Prioritizes the Use of Technology in Education
- Results from New Expedition of Archeological Site
- The Flowers Fair will shortly take place in Bayamo
- May Day: Massive parade shows support for the Revolution in Granma