According to information provided by the Meteorology Institute’s Weather Forecast Station, as Hurricane Irma continues to move away from Cuba, the strength of its winds will continue to decline from the provinces of Villa Clara to Artemisa, while storm surges will also begin to subside from the early morning of September 11.
Given this situation, the decision has been made to cancel the hurricane alert for the provinces of Santiago de Cuba, Pinar del Río and The Isle of Youth Special Municipality, while territories currently in the Alarm Phase will move to the Recovery Phase, beginning 8pm September 10.
We reiterate once again the need for the population to be prepared to participate in recovery and reconstruction actions to repair the damage, and rigorously comply with instructions from the relevant authorities.
We recognize the work of leadership bodies at all levels and the solidarity shown by the population in the disciplined fulfillment of measures during the response to this event.
On the front page
- First remain of victims of the plane crash arrived to Granma
- One of three survivors of Havana air disaster passes away
- Cuba united in grief
- 2018 Meteoro Popular Exercise concluded successfully in Granma
- Cuba´s First VP Valdés Mesa highlights efforts to clarify the plane crash
- The Plaza of the Cuban National Anthem
- Computerizing society, a joint effort to promote development
- Fidel opened four programs of the Revolution in Granma
- Cuba Prioritizes the Use of Technology in Education
- Results from New Expedition of Archeological Site
- The Flowers Fair will shortly take place in Bayamo
- May Day: Massive parade shows support for the Revolution in Granma